Do you have a need for dentures? Did you know, gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults, which leaves dentures as a popular option for smile restorations? Well, it’s true! Dentures are a way to restore your smile and teeth in a simple way. To help you understand more about dentures and see if they are right for you, our dentists with Prosthodontics Associates, P.A. in Portland, Maine, has offered this list of information about dentures:
– Dentures have proven to be effective for reversing ill effects that may have arisen due to lost or missing teeth.
– Dentures help with bite stability and can strengthen bite forces.
– Avoid abrasive materials on your dentures. This can include bleach, teeth whiteners, hot water or other abrasive cleaning products.
– Dentures can be fragile when outside of your mouth, so be sure to handle them with care.
– Dentures can be manufactured for your exact dental impression.
– If you leave your dentures sitting around the house, they may dry out and crack.
– To prevent poor oral hygiene, remove and clean your dentures every night.
– Dentures have proven effective for reversing ill effects that may have arisen due to lost or missing teeth.
As you can see, dentures can improve your smile and restore the teeth you have lost. If you have questions about your oral health or would like an appointment, please feel free to call us at 207-775-6348 to set up an appointment. Our dental team looks forward to hearing from you.