The secret to a great smile during your teen years is heavily dictated by the decisions you make in your personal life and your social life. Not only can you enhance your oral health by not giving into the peer pressures of a teen life, but your overall health will profit greatly too.
Your oral health services guide for teenage dentistry features the following attributes:
– Avoid hazards to your mouth such as mouth jewelry which can cause infections, crack or chip teeth, cut or slice your gums, or become choking hazards.
– Make an effort to wear protective gear such as mouth guards, face masks, and helmets when playing contact sports or any other similar high-risk activity.
– Remember to brush your teeth twice daily and floss at least once daily.
– Keep your smile safe by visiting your dentist for regular checkups and bi-annual professional cleanings.
– Stay away from all bad habits that can ruin a smile, including smoking, drinking, and using drugs.
If you would like to speak with Dr. Paul Best and our team about teenage dentistry, please schedule an appointment at our dentist office of Prosthodontics Associates, P.A. in Portland, Maine, by calling 207-775-6348. Come on in to learn more about your options to get the bright and healthy smile you’ve always wanted!