If you ever wake up and feel any signs of tenderness or soreness in your jaw, it may be linked to an oral health condition known as bruxism. Bruxism consists of grinding and gnashing your teeth unconsciously. Although bruxism can often occur while you’re awake, it is most often associated with sleeping. To determine if you suffer from bruxism, ask yourself the following questions:
– Are you suffering from any ailments including grinding your teeth at night?
– Do your teeth appear flat or extremely worn down?
– Do you have jaw pain or tired or tight jaw muscles when you wake up in the morning?
– Have you ever experienced any symptoms of earaches or headaches after waking up?
– Are there any signs of cheek tissue damage on the inner linings of your mouth?
– Have you noticed any strange or abnormal markings on your tongue?
– Have you ever experienced any symptoms of a locked jaw?
If you would like to set up a bruxism treatment at Prosthodontics Associates, P.A. or would like an all-inclusive oral exam from Drs. Best, Sahrbeck, and Sarmiento at our prosthodontic office, please call us at 207-775-6348. We are pleased to offer night guards to help our patients who grind their teeth in their sleep. We are here to be the dental professionals and prosthodontists you require in Portland, Maine.